i used to be really into baking – before i started cooking, i used to love baking on weekends, putting together different recipes to share with friends and family. now that i’m living in the city and prepping most of my meals for myself, i don’t usually make my own desserts – i typically have dark chocolate, store bought dessert, or fruit for dessert. last week, with a ripe grapefruit left over from the weekend’s grocery shop, i tried this simple fruit-based dessert – and it was beyond awesome. you only need 3 ingredients, an oven, and a spoon! enjoy.
what you’ll need:
- ripe ruby-red grapefruit, cut in half
- dark brown sugar
how to make it:
- heat your oven to 350 degrees
- place your grapefruit on a baking tray and rub the face with dark brown sugar
- sprinkle with cinnamon (i used a ton and i think it tasted amazing!)
- bake for 7 minutes and voila!
let me know what you guys think of this recipe and the idea of baked fruit for dessert!