this past thanksgiving, i traveled to new jersey to spend time with my mom’s brother’s family – and i was responsible for bringing veggie sides! not only is butternut squash the perfect complement for thanksgiving dinner, it’s easy to season and toss in the oven!
what you’ll need:
- butternut squash, skinned and cut into chunks
- butter (i recommend salted)
- fresh parsley
- sea salt
how to make it:
- pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- in a large mixing bowl, melt 1/2 stick butter with 2 tablespoons honey
- coat butternut squash pieces and transfer to baking tray (i recommend lining the baking tray with foil first to save clean up time!)
- sprinkle with parsley, nutmeg and cinnamon and a touch of sea salt
- roast for 30 minutes, or until squash is tender
- serve warm!